Ida Bagus Kerthyayana Manuaba, Ph.D. (Computer Science Program BI)
Completed a doctorate degree in Computer Science at Australian National University. His research is the area of mixed reality interfaces (which combine streaming video with machine simulations) for human supervisory control in teleoperation. Traditional video-based teleoperation can be significantly improved via the addition of a “virtual reality” dimension which includes a model of the past and future condition of the machine, thus making it easier for a human operator to direct the movement of the machine for maximum efficiency and to avoid obstacles in the remote environment.
Areas of Interest
– Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality, Augmented Reality, Augmented Virtuality
– Gaming Environment
– Artificial Intelligent, Path Finding Algorithm
– Human Supervisory Control
– Human Machine Interaction
Manuaba, I.B.K. (2014): “Evaluation of Gaming Environments for Mixed Reality Interfaces and Human Supervisory Control in Telerobotics”. PhD Thesis at Research School of Computer Science, The Australian National University. April, 2014
1. Manuaba, I.B.K. (2016): “The Evaluation of Queue and Adaptation Response Models for Telerobotic Supervisory Control in Gaming Environment”. in 2016 International Conference on Games, Game Art and Gamification (ICGGAG2016). Jakarta, Indonesia, December, 2016.
2. Manuaba, I.B.K. (2016): “Response Models for Series of Commands in Gaming Environment”. in 2016 International Conference on Science in Information Technology (ICSITech). Balikpapan, Indonesia, October, 2016, pp.85-90 [link].
3. Manuaba, I.B.K., Taylor, K. & Gedeon, T. (2012): “Evaluation of Response Models to a Series of Commands in a Telerobotics Supervisory Control System”. In 5th International Conference on Intelligent Robotics and Applications. Montreal, Quebec, Canada, October, 2012. [link1 | link2].
4. Manuaba, I.B.K., Taylor, K. & Widzyk-Capehart, E. (2011): “Building Effective Telerobotics Interfaces For Mining Applications By Utilising Mixed Reality”. In International 22nd World Mining Congress and Expo. Istanbul, Turkey, September, 2011.
5. Manuaba, I.B.K., Taylor, K. & Gedeon, T. (2011): “Comparison between Two Mixed Reality Environments for Telerobotics Interface”. In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA2011). Shanghai, China, May, 2011, pp.1335-1340. [link].
6. Manuaba, I.B.K., Taylor, K. & Gedeon, T. (2010): “Exploration of Second Life as a Virtual Game Environment for Telerobotics”. In International Conference Asian Pacific Computer Human Interaction (APCHI2010). Sanur-Bali, Indonesia, July, 2010. pp.674-679
1. Manuaba, I.B.K (2017), “Weibull Distribution: User Performance Analyses for Telerobotics System Interface”, International Review of Automation Control (IREACO), Vol 10, No. 2.
2. Sabani, A.C., Manuaba, I.B.K. & Adi, E. (2016): “Gamification: Blood Donor Apps for IOS Devices”. In Journal Games, Game Arts and Gamification (JGGAG), Vol.1, 2016.
3. Manuaba, I.B.K., Taylor, K. & Gedeon, T. (2011): “Exploration of Mixed Reality Environment for Telerobotics Interface: An Option to Provide Effective Information”. In Australian Journal of Intelligent Information Processing Systems, Special issue for International Workshop on Bio-inspired Computing for Intelligent Environments and Logistic Systems (IWBCIELS2011), Vol 13, No.1, 2011.
1. Manuaba, I.B.K., “Applying a Mixed Reality Interface with Human Supervisory Control for Telerobotics”. In Science and Engineering Expo Graduate Research 2011. CSIRO ICT Centre, Canberra, Australia, August, 2011.
2. Manuaba, I.B.K., Taylor, K. & Gedeon, T., “Exploration of Augmented Virtuality Environment for Teleoperation Interface: An Option to Provide Effective Information”. In International Workshop on Bio-inspired Computing for Intelligent Environments and Logistic Systems (IWBCIELS2011). The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, March, 2011.
3. Taylor, K. and Manuaba, I.B.K., “Using computer gaming environments to develop situated virtual reality methods for teleoperation of mining equipment”. In OzViz2010, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, University of Queensland, December, 2010.
1. Manuaba, I.B.K. (2011): “Applying a Predictive Display in a Mixed Reality Interface for a Tele-Manipulator”. In ANU Poster Day CECS, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, 15 August 2011.
2. Manuaba, I.B.K., Taylor, K., Gedeon, T., & Widzyk-Capehart, E (2010): “Comparison Two Augmented Virtuality Environments for Telerobotics Interface”. In CSIRO ICTCC’10, Sydney, 10 – 11 November 2010.
3. Manuaba, I.B.K. (2010): “Play with the Robot Arm with Your Avatar…No Worries!!: Using 3D virtual game with Mixed Reality Framework to control the robot arm in a remote location”. In ANU Poster Day CECS, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, 22 July 2010.
Exhibition at CSIRO Discovery Centre: A prototype of telerobotics system as a model application for remote manipulation in simple mining scenario by utilising the principles of human supervisory control in mixed reality interfaces. (2011 – 2014)